2013 interceptor utility brake issue | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 interceptor utility brake issue

I have to make an appt with a frame alignment shop next.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The other body shop doesn’t think it’s a frame issue because he stated that I would have a pull that is constant and NOT only under hard braking. I asked about the rear bushings because I was told these can also be creating this problem. The previous mechanic I had it to said that everything checked out ! He is even at a loss for an answer .

my guess is brakes which you have checked before but I would double check the temp right after you pull over after stopping, if not then something is deflecting under load if its a hard pull under braking, but I'm just guessing over the interwebs:dunno:

Does anyone know the correct SAI specification for this vehicle ? I just got a new knuckle and hub and will be putting in next week. Thanks for all the help

Finally fixed !!!!!!! After replacing a load of parts , I found an awesome mechanic and my issue turned out to be extremely loose rear toe links . Problem solved , it drives and stops perfect. No more wobble. It blows my mind that aside from a couple other mechanics that were clueless so was my local ford dealer !

:chug::thumbsup:

yea you had to get a good set of eyes on there, someone that would actually check everything part by part and not assume it wasn't worn or bent etc. If the brakes were even temps and alignment was ok, which wasn't too bad, they should have taken the time to check for worn parts.

I drove an Exploder that had loose rear links before, felt like it had flat tires, handling felt dangerous.

I’m Very happy it’s finally fixed ! I will also be using this new mechanic for everything . My ford delaer wasted a lot of my time and the fact they were clueless really makes me wonder about who they have working there

I’m still in total dis belief that all the times that Ford had it they finally said “maybe that’s just the way this one drives “ ! Complete clowns and again I am totally happy that it’s fixed

Back