• Register Today It's free!

2013 Navigation Issue

bluex232

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Sorry if this has been asked, I tried a search and didn't find anything. We just purchased a 2013 Ford Explorer. It did not have the Navigation or Remote Start included. The dealer adv us that we could purchase both from them. So we did, they got the Remote start set up (which is just a new set of keys since apparently they all come with the remote start function built in) but they have not been able to get the Navigation set up. They worked on it for 2 days and finally just gave me my money and Explorer back and said they would contact me if they found a fix for this. I get that the Navigation system is on an SD card and they have set it up on other vehicles before, but apparently this is the first 2013 Explorer that they have tried...has anyone else had this installed on theirs or have any idea why it would not be working... I am new to the site, so if this is the wrong place to post this I appologize. Thank you!

Ok, so after some research I found that Ford does not allow you to purchase Navigation after the fact...that the setting on the car has to be turned on in the factory and cannot be turned on after that...Has any body heard any news as to if this will be an added feature in the future? The more I read about people using the navigation and going on trips the more bummed I am that my Ex doesn't have it. The dealer originally said we could get it after the fact (since Navigation was one of the things on my wishlist). I really would have thought a little more about purchasing the one I got if I would have known that in fact I could not purchase it. I really hope this is something offered in the near future. I guess I really don't understand why Ford would not offer it after the fact to those that did not order their vehicles custom built...

Back