2014 Explorer climate control not working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer climate control not working.

CharlieS

Reaction score
City, State
St Augustine, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi guys

I m new on this forum , and before i go to Ford Service ill try here.
Fee weeks ago my the AC/heat stopped working completely and the controls under the screen that handles that is not working either. The LCD screen won’t even turn any thing on. It’s there on the LCD screen and I can click the screen but won’t turn on.
Buttons on steering wheel works the radio buttons still work but not the AC/Heat controls do not. , LCD works( with all comands for heat and radio and navigation in there but heat/ac does not work) but the buttons for climate control below LCD are dead( blue circle in photo).
I checked few fuses but they look ok. Can I get any help with this? When I start the car they light up but that’s about it.

IMG_4223.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum Charlie. :wave:
Does the fan control knob work? Just to clarify, you have no heat at all, is that right? Wondering if it could be the HVAC control module that is the problem.:dunno:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Charlie. :wave:
Does the fan control knob work? Just to clarify, you have no heat at all, is that right? Wondering if it could be the HVAC control module that is the problem.:dunno:

Peter
Hi Peter,

The Fan Control Knob does not work. No Heat or A/C working at all.

Thank You
-Charlie

Have you been able to verify that fuse #46 Climate control module is good? The best way is with a meter or if you don't have a meter you could swap it with fuse #40 or another one rated as being 10A. Did you also check the blower motor fuse(s)? If the blower motor isn't working then you won't have heating or cooling.

Peter

Back