2014 Ford explorer hard to start after pumping gas. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford explorer hard to start after pumping gas.

sneakystreaks

Reaction score
City, State
Warren Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Base
My 2014 Ford Explorer base model. 3.5l v6 Front wheel drive. It does not have a gas cap instead it has the quick fill up flap. A while back I got a check engine light for code p1450. So I changed the vapor canister purge valve in the engine bay. This resolved the code. But before and after the vehicle has been hard to start after pumping gas. After doing some reading I also changed the Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid that is at the rear near the gas tank. But yet the problem persists. After the fill up and the initial hard start it starts great until the process is repeated at the next fill up. Any suggestions?

My 2014 Ford Explorer base model. 3.5l v6 Front wheel drive. It does not have a gas cap instead it has the quick fill up flap. A while back I got a check engine light for code p1450. So I changed the vapor canister purge valve in the engine bay. This resolved the code. But before and after the vehicle has been hard to start after pumping gas. After doing some reading I also changed the Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid that is at the rear near the gas tank. But yet the problem persists. After the fill up and the initial hard start it starts great until the process is repeated at the next fill up. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back