• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer with NAV?

yobomba

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
Ordered a 2016 and ordered Navigation to be on it. Got one build sheet that shows Navigation included and one that did not.

Question is......if it arrives at dealer without and it already has My Ford Touch and Sync screen.....can it be added at dealer? Can they just supply me with the SD Card to install at dealer?

Thanks!

Ordered a 2016 and ordered Navigation to be on it. Got one build sheet that shows Navigation included and one that did not.

Question is......if it arrives at dealer without and it already has My Ford Touch and Sync screen.....can it be added at dealer? Can they just supply me with the SD Card to install at dealer?

Thanks!

My guy had to put the SD card in to provide the NAV, I just picked up my 2016 last week. However the window sticker indicated it was built with it. It didn't work until he updated the system via the SD card with the NAV software the day I picked the vehicle up. Reality is I think the head units are all the same and you are just paying for the software update that gives you nav. I do believe they can add NAV just by putting in the software from the SD card at the dealer even if it wasn't ordered with the vehicle. I asked him was the SD card/software somehow unique to my vehicle , he said nope they were universal could be used in any 2016 Ford Explorer. The card must stay in card slot in the vehicle for the NAV to work. Hope that helps !

Back