2016 Ford PIU 3.5 TT Ecoboost Former Georgia State Patrol Pursuit Unit Tweaked | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford PIU 3.5 TT Ecoboost Former Georgia State Patrol Pursuit Unit Tweaked

Svo2323

Reaction score
City, State
Statesboro, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Police Utility
My name is Alan and I'm in SouthEast Georgia. Been into Performance and TurboFords since my first of 4 '86 SVO Turbo 2.3 Mustangs ..
I too have a 2016 AWD FPIU with 3.5 TT Ecoboost... Blue & Grey Georgia State Patrol Ex Troop Post Commander Pursuit Unit. They had the Speed Limiter Tweaked/Bypassed by Fleet Technician. And other unknown tweaks. I installed a large K&N Cone with heat shield box and she tapped 158-160 mph first high speed run on interstate at night with no one on the roads. ( And it was still pulling ) I had to back off before my exit and didn't want to push my luck either. Next I purchased an SCTX4 Tuned for a 2017 Ford 150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost and it worked great. As at the time no one had tunes for the Interceptor Ecoboost specifically. I've had mine 2.5 years. In 93 Canned Tune Mode it throws you back with force and gets the boost screaming thru the gears quickly. You definitely won't want a 3.7 after finding and choosing a 3.5 Twin Turbo Ecoboost. Handling is amazing and handles tight and rides smooth at high speeds. You can hear the Turbos pulling air hard and loud thru the Cold Air Kit .
About to buy a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD 3.5 TT Ecoboost for the wife as she wants the 3rd row luxury Sport Version and man is it loaded with every bell & whistle. Just test drove it recently. Hopefully tomorrow the deal is done.
Next I'll add a 3 bar and downpipes on mine and change the end pipes to chrome tips ... Beyond that maybe full new exhaust down the road. You guys stay safe and I'll buzz back in later.

Back