2017 Explorer Fog Lights Fuse | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Fog Lights Fuse

kris81se

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Hi I am looking to add 2 LED lights on the front grill on my 2017 Explorer and was wondering which fuse controls the fog lights? I would like to use a add a fuse kit to tap on for the additional lights so they come ON with the fog lights. Any info is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check your fuse diagram in the manual?

Also, check your state laws, some states (mine included) have laws where you can't drive on road with more then 2 sets of lights on (1 set of headlights, 1 fog).

Did you check your fuse diagram in the manual?

Also, check your state laws, some states (mine included) have laws where you can't drive on road with more then 2 sets of lights on (1 set of headlights, 1 fog).
I did check the fuse diagram in the manual and I was not able to find the fuse for the fog lights. Could there be any other fuses that I am missing other than the Power Distribution Box and the Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel?
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...3292&marketCode=US&languageCode=EN&VIN=&div=f

You need to find a wiring diagram for the 2017, one from a 2016 might work and then trace the wiring to see if it goes to a fuse or a inline circuit breaker that is not located in the fuse box.

According to one that I have for a 2015 the fog lamps get their power from the BCM (Body control module) that has a relay and a 15 amp fuse that powers the lamps. According the the diagram it is fuse #47 but the owners manual says that fuse 47 isn't used. This link should take you to the correct page

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=1123655

You need to find a wiring diagram for the 2017, one from a 2016 might work and then trace the wiring to see if it goes to a fuse or a inline circuit breaker that is not located in the fuse box.

According to one that I have for a 2015 the fog lamps get their power from the BCM (Body control module) that has a relay and a 15 amp fuse that powers the lamps. According the the diagram it is fuse #47 but the owners manual says that fuse 47 isn't used. This link should take you to the correct page

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=1123655
Thank you. This really helps.

There seems to be quite a difference between the 2016/17 fuse boxes and those of previous model years. Whereas previous model years showed fuses for every lamp on the vehicle, the 2016/17 does not. The only lamps/lights referenced are the ones involved with 'Trailer Tow'.

Peter

There seems to be quite a difference between the 2016/17 fuse boxes and those of previous model years. Whereas previous model years showed fuses for every lamp on the vehicle, the 2016/17 does not. The only lamps/lights referenced are the ones involved with 'Trailer Tow'.

Peter
Peter you are correct. They do look different. Do you know where I can find the wiring diagram for the 2017? Thanks.

Peter you are correct. They do look different. Do you know where I can find the wiring diagram for the 2017? Thanks.
Unfortunately I do not. I'm guessing that you would need a Service Manual or similar book. The only members that come to mind that may have them are sheltonfilms and jmr061 but not sure if they have ones for 2017 models.

Peter

If you go to eBay, you cash buy a "2016 or 2017 wiring diagram manual". You can sometimes get them used for around $40 or $50

Hi I am looking to add 2 LED lights on the front grill on my 2017 Explorer and was wondering which fuse controls the fog lights? I would like to use a add a fuse kit to tap on for the additional lights so they come ON with the fog lights. Any info is appreciated.
I know that this is from 2016 and you have a 2017 just like I do. This whole thing with the fog lights is such a big secret even with the Ford Mechanics. Enough to piss off the Pope! I am just going to remove the fuse box and install my own relay and fuse in an empty space. I also have other things that need relay and fuse and will do the same thing. I have been messing with this since Jan but I can't blame everything on Ford like the problems with the weather. 5/2/22

Dennis, the member you quoted was last seen here on October 11, 2017. I doubt he is still following but the info may be helpful to others.

Peter

Dennis, the member you quoted was last seen here on October 11, 2017. I doubt he is still following but the info may be helpful to others.

Peter
I am trying to be helpful to others as I am going through the mods.
Thanks for the reply Bud!

Back