• Register Today It's free!

2017 ford explorer backup sensor

BajaBrent

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer 4 wd
Hi I have a 2017 i purchased 2nd hand. Whenever I shift in reverse the loud beeping sounds, and everyone knows i have arrived. I have checked the manual, dash guide, and youtube and no answers. I wish to turn it off! I have tried pulling various fuses, especially ones related to towing, no help. Its hard for me to believe this is standard on Explorers, as they are all over the place and I have never heard beepers other than larger commercial trucks. Does anyone know how to disengage? thnks

Hi I have a 2017 i purchased 2nd hand. Whenever I shift in reverse the loud beeping sounds, and everyone knows i have arrived. I have checked the manual, dash guide, and youtube and no answers. I wish to turn it off! I have tried pulling various fuses, especially ones related to towing, no help. Its hard for me to believe this is standard on Explorers, as they are all over the place and I have never heard beepers other than larger commercial trucks. Does anyone know how to disengage? thnks
Hi Brent. It sounds like the previous owner may have installed a modification. The reverse sensors should only sound when they detect an obstacle in the way and it can only be heard inside the cabin.

Peter

fair point,
Hi Brent. It sounds like the previous owner may have installed a modification. The reverse sensors should only sound when they detect an obstacle in the way and it can only be heard inside the cabin.

Peter

Back