2018 Sport buzzing sound when shifting into new gear? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 Sport buzzing sound when shifting into new gear?

Cavyyy

Reaction score
City, State
St. Charles, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
So I just started hearing this today and it's a little hard to explain. During medium acceleration right when it shift into a new gear there is a short buzz/vibration sound for about a 1/2 second. It sounds like it's coming from the front passenger side and only happens at the begging of a gear at lower RPM around 3500. It's a 2018 Explorer Sport with just under 35k on it so it's still under bumper to bumper but is there anything I can check before going through the hassle of bringing it to a dealer? Or anyone who had the same issue who got it fixed, so I can have the dealer look in a specific spot?

EDIT: Also just found this thread from 2013 that sounds extremely similar to what I'm experiencing.

So I just started hearing this today and it's a little hard to explain. During medium acceleration right when it shift into a new gear there is a short buzz/vibration sound for about a 1/2 second. It sounds like it's coming from the front passenger side and only happens at the begging of a gear at lower RPM around 3500. It's a 2018 Explorer Sport with just under 35k on it so it's still under bumper to bumper but is there anything I can check before going through the hassle of bringing it to a dealer? Or anyone who had the same issue who got it fixed, so I can have the dealer look in a specific spot?

EDIT: Also just found this thread from 2013 that sounds extremely similar to what I'm experiencing.
Take to dealer. Have them look at it top to bottom before warranty is up.

Take to dealer. Have them look at it top to bottom before warranty is up.
Checked the trans, dipstick showed barely anything but only took 1/2 qt to get it full so not sure what's up there. Still making the buzzing sound though. Made an appointment with Ford for next week, hopefully they can figure it out.

Back