2018 XLT Headlight Module Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 XLT Headlight Module Question

precisionauto

Reaction score
City, State
Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello,

Can anyone tell me the difference between a "low series 1 channel headlight module" and a "hi series 2 channel headlight module" for a 2018 Ford Explorer? The original passenger side headlight on the car was a hi series module but the headlight I bought to replace it is a low series 1 channel module. I am wondering if this low series 1 channel headlight will look different than the hi series that is on the driver's side.

Thank you for any help that you can offer!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It seems that there are 7 levels in all according to this site; Headlamp Components for 2018 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake but none are shown as a "series". What is the part number of the item you bought? I'm guessing you are referring to the complete headlamp housing?
Here they show the module; https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/switches/headlamp-assy-6507125-1

Peter

The part number of the “lo series” module:FB53-13B626-A

The low series module part number: FB53-13B626-A

The high series module part number: FB53-13B626-B.

We just want to know what the difference between a low series headlight and a high series headlight is and if the headlights will look different on the car! I have attached pictures of examples of the modules.

Attachments

• 9786C391-32EE-4FF1-AA42-7EB0009CD517.jpeg
    9786C391-32EE-4FF1-AA42-7EB0009CD517.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 97
  • B152C6EF-57CB-4E79-A6A3-8E61284F786B.jpeg
    B152C6EF-57CB-4E79-A6A3-8E61284F786B.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 117

That part number doesn't exist anymore on either of the 2 sites I linked. Chances are the part is now obsolete or has a new part number.
I don't know how difficult it is to access the old one but unless someone else can help out, perhaps you can just try it and see how it compares to your existing one. I believe the only difference in the headlights on the 2018 is that the Platinum trim had both LED hi and lo beams. Perhaps that is what the 'series' refers to. :dunno:

Peter

The part number of the “lo series” module:FB53-13B626-A

The low series module part number: FB53-13B626-A

The high series module part number: FB53-13B626-B.

We just want to know what the difference between a low series headlight and a high series headlight is and if the headlights will look different on the car! I have attached pictures of examples of the modules.
The "levels" make finding the correct ballast quite confusing...but it seems there were only 2 according to the link to Bear Lake Ford you provided.

@precisionauto, I wonder how many members had to fetch a magnifying glass to read your post? :D

Peter

Back