2019 Explorer Sport - Install Drive Side Visor with Home Link / Garage Door Opener | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Explorer Sport - Install Drive Side Visor with Home Link / Garage Door Opener

Grez

Reaction score
City, State
Frozen Tundra
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
2019 Explorer Sport w/Sunroof, currently does NOT have the Garage Door Opener. I want to install a new visor WITH the Garage Door Opener.
I removed the plastic cap by carefully prying under each of the tabs using a can opener. It worked out great because its not only "J" shaped, but also wide than a "Pick tool".

My questions:
1) How do I remove this electrical connector that runs power to the visor? I don't want to break any of the tabs.

OR

Do I have to try to go into the headliner hole and "fish-out" another connector?

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.57.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.57.17 AM.png

2) Will this part, GB5Z*7804105*CB (Driver Side Visor with Garage Door Opener) be able to be just plugged in using the same wired connector?

Thanks for you assistance!

I remember on the F150 forum others with XLTs did the homelike sunvisor mod. You'll obviously need a new visor with the home link buttons. If I remember correctly you'll need to remove the fabric from your original visor to get to the positive and negative wires that run to your vanity light.

You should be able to tap them for power to the homelink controller on the new visor, as others did with theyre F150s.

Back