• Register Today It's free!

2022 Ford Explorer - Dual Exhaust

Boden1

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio , TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer XLT
I’m not looking for performance but does anyone have any suggestions for converting the 2022 XLT to exposed dual exhaust like previous the previous years included? It just bugs me for some reason hah. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’m not looking for performance but does anyone have any suggestions for converting the 2022 XLT to exposed dual exhaust like previous the previous years included? It just bugs me for some reason hah. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks
What does it have now? I checked some posted pictures but it seems people rarely take pictures of the back end. :)

Peter

What does it have now? I checked some posted pictures but it seems people rarely take pictures of the back end. :)

Peter
Haha. See pics Peter

502B5845-79B8-4B6A-B561-11C0C90B8B3A.jpeg 932E0224-12FE-4639-A21D-43FFE9F63641.jpeg

Thank you for posting those. I didn't realize that they were completely hidden. My 2017 Platinum had the same downturned pipes but they had a 'fake' appearance that made it look like they had dual exhausts coming out the back. I think you would have to begin by replacing the lower fascia and replace it with something like the Platinum has, if that's even possible. 6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Peter

You’d have to hack up your bumper or get one from an ST if you wanted exposed tips. The exhaust routing is probably the same as the ST, so cutting your mufflers off and using a set from that model could work on the cheap. Otherwise, there are several axle-back kits out there. Added this one from Gibson to my ST and it sounds great.

59063D81-933A-46E3-8E3F-1A3DE588D6A3.jpeg

You’d have to hack up your bumper or get one from an ST if you wanted exposed tips. The exhaust routing is probably the same as the ST, so cutting your mufflers off and using a set from that model could work on the cheap. Otherwise, there are several axle-back kits out there. Added this one from Gibson to my ST and it sounds great.

View attachment 425222
Thanks for the reply everyone. Do you think the exhaust would sound weird with the engine size we have? It’s the 2.3 L

You could try and order the lower fascia from the XLT Sports Appearance Package, the ST-Line or Limited (I think) depending on the style or color you want. You might be able to just change out the tips on the factory exhaust after that.
92C8B865-2E5E-44D3-8330-28D3EC71B0BD.jpeg

Back