2nd gen ex front clip on 95 ranger? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2nd gen ex front clip on 95 ranger?

As the title states, i want to put a 2nd gen explorer front clip on a ranger. I was wondering if anybody has done this, and what all it entails. I am assuming i will have to swap radiator supports, but will i have to swap inner fenders as well?

971204_10201337433860756_1947215902_n.jpg

clearly the whole front clip needs replaced, and i have a 2nd gen explorer that i am parting out. Im not sure if the inner fenders are any good on the ranger at this point, but if possible i would prefer to repair them rather than replace.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fenders will not fit. you will need to use ranger ones, cut the fronts off, and weld a explorer front edge on it. the hood will bolt on however.

..I wish he would stop in and let us know if he is still building awesome show vehicles..:(

thanks for the replies guys, i actually found that thread after i posted this. I wonder if i could use the explorer hood with the ranger front clip, for legal purposes until i can afford to make a proper repair. Im sure it wouldnt line up right, and would be obviously out of place, but would it function using the ranger header panel?

fenders will not fit. you will need to use ranger ones, cut the fronts off, and weld a explorer front edge on it. the hood will bolt on however.

Actually the fenders will bolt on as well but the wheel openings and bodylines are totally different. I've seen this swap done and guys usually cut in fender vents to hide the upper body line but the lower line and wheel opening are barely noticeable with fender flares and some minor body work.

flamingx, how is the wheel opening different? is it gonna cause fitment issues with bigger tires?

flamingx, how is the wheel opening different? is it gonna cause fitment issues with bigger tires?

Oh no, you should be fine that way. I'm talking the way they flare out around the wheel openings. The profile, when looking from the front for example, is totally different shape.

Thanks for the advice flamingx, I was hoping to get far enough along for a test fit today, but the trucks are at my dad's, and he is sick so no progress this weekend. As soon as I can get them test fitted ill post some pic's in this thread.

Back