fordpickupman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cascade, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
71 F250 Fummins
Well, I finally got all the pieces together. The poor ol' Ex was sagged out worse than I thought. I had the rear leaves re-arched and a second leaf added to support the ends of the main leaves to prevent another banana incident. Then I cranked up the torsion bars trying to be careful to stay under 2" of lift. I ran out of adjustment on the driver's side bolt. I ordered a longer one and modified it to fit. I cranked the front end up until I ran out of adjustment on the passenger side bolt. I ended up with just shy of 3" of lift on the front. The CV angle still look good. The accordians of the the boots aren't touching. I got it aligned (only needed a toe adjustment) and it drives way better.
ExplorerSTOMPER.jpg

Now she clears 32"X11.50"s with only slight trimming of the front bumper. I'm going to have to modify the hitch to make the spare fit in the stock hole it is about 1" too big of diameter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good! any rubbing with the 32s?

only on the swaybar.......I haven't decided how I want to deal with that yet. I did trim about 3/4" off the lower corner of the bumper, but you don't really notice it. It drives like a pickup now, we like it alot better. No more saggy floaty feeling.

only on the swaybar.......I haven't decided how I want to deal with that yet. I did trim about 3/4" off the lower corner of the bumper, but you don't really notice it. It drives like a pickup now, we like it alot better. No more saggy floaty feeling.

cranking the sway bars does seem to get rid of that "drives like a pontoon boat" feel! i have a simmilar roof basket and have considered moving the spare up there - do you notice any drag/noise with it up there?

The tire squeaks on the rack, I strapped it down to make sure it would stay there. I did not notice any wind noise, I think the goofy looking deflector probably prevents that.

The plan is to put it in the factory spot, but I have to modify the hitch some for it to fit.

have you tried putting the tire under the back deflated? youd have to carry a compressor or a can of fixaflat to fill it up - but i know some toyota guys who cram 33's under 4runners with the tire deflated

This is my wife's rig, I gotta keep it somewhat user friendly. It is her daily driver. I plan on rotating the spare through the set of tires in order gain some tire life. I will keep it inflated and make the hitch fit around the tire. The main purpose of the hitch is a recovery point anyhow, as the factory bumper brackets on these are a joke. I would never tow a trailer with the bumper. I tried to pull it off with the John Deere this winter when she got stuck in the ditch. I was being gentle too.....

amen to that - when we bought my X the whole bumper was bent down with a big dent where the ball mounts - he said he had just backed it into a post in a parking lot. deffinatly not the strongest point on these trucks.

Looks nice.

Back