• Register Today It's free!

30,000 miles service

keleko17

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 EB and 1999 XLT
I recently purchase a 2007 Eddie Bauer. I will have 30,000 miles on it by the weekend, and just wanted to know if there was any regular maintenence I need to do. Fuel filter, transmission flush, etc...

This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that had this few miles on it, so I normally did these things when I bought the vehicle not knowing if the previous owner did them.

Had a 30K service done at a Ford Dealer a few months ago. Consisted of oil / filter change, tire rotation, flush transmission, replace fuel and air filter and multi point inspection. Cost was $264. I have a 2006 V8 4WD.

I tow a fairly large boat, so the transmission service was important to me. Also, the fuel filter seemed like a good idea. The other items (tires, oil changes and air filter) are all things that I do or check myself, but just decided to have them do it as the mileage warranted them.

Seemed like a pretty reasonable amount to spend every 30K miles.

I agree- when I had my 2004 Taurus, I took it on for the 30k. People complain about "I could do that for xxxxx." Which is true, but for the cost of probably 1/2 of a monthly payment, it's done- and most importantly- the dealer has record and responsibility for having dome it for you- that mattered to me. If it's out of warranty, sure- that's apples and oranges.

Mine's approaching 30K. I just changed the oil & filter (motorcraft), replaced the air filter and this weekend I will replace the fuel filter,inspect the brakes and rotate the tires. Since, I don't tow, I will wait on trans service until 60K (Ford recommends 100K, I believe).

The other items that the Ford flyer said they would do, if I brought it in, were inspect the exhaust and suspension components

Back