• Register Today It's free!

313 gearing?

motorhead7635

Reaction score
City, State
york Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 sport
i am swaping the dana 35 front axle out of a 2002 exsplorer sport (cuz the pinon barings are about to go. there humming and leaking.) and i picked up a parts exsplorer sport awd form 1996. I have pulled the dana 35 and on the ring gear it said 313. is this the gearing or somthing differnt. i dont want to pull my fornt axle out of my 02 daliy driver to see if it is the same but i know there rear gearing on the 02 is 3.73 any help would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are you swapping the whole axle assembely?? I'm pretty sure 02 and up was a different style axle housing then the 96 you have....... prob not gonna bolt up

first, it's an 02 sport, so life is good about the part matching up. second, if its from an awd like you say, it was a V8, which had 3.73s. i don't believe a 3.13 was ever offered, as it's a strange ratio. 4.10s and 3.73 are what you find under 2nd gen explorers. I have a free guaranteed 3.73 in CO if you want it :D

it was the old 4.0v6 in it with a 5 speed not a v8. and i want to swap the hole housing

i just looked up the rear axle tag off the 96 exsplorer and it said it is 3.27 gearing

Numbers on the ring gear I think rarely indicate the ratio because if you have the ring and pinion set on hand, then you should be able to determine the ratio by the teeth count.

i know the 8.8 rear end ring gear says the ratio. but im not sure on the fornt

Back