ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Hey! I am planning on puttin on a Trailmaster FB120 4" suspension lift (ranger kit) and a 2" body lift by P.A. (98-00 ranger kit). I know that I need the new leaf springs for the back (since i want to keep SOA) and I might need a new front drive shaft. I think thats all I need for the suspension lift, then the lift kit - I will need fabricated bumper brackets and recently I heard I'd need fabricated radiator brackets. If anyone can help me out with ALL that I will need to get - please tell me. I have a 2000 XLT 4wd. Thanks everyone

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You shouldnt need to fabricate the radiator brackets, just the fan shroud.

agreed with redrig. BTW you are SUA not SOA

does anyone sell pre-fabricated bumper mounts? or could anyone make some and i will buy them from you ?

Why are you buying a Ranger suspension lift when you can get an Explorer one. And the trailmaster kit isnt as good as the superlift one.

You also wont need radiator brackets, but you will need to fab rear bumper brackets.

Originally posted by Texplorer

You also wont need radiator brackets, but you will need to fab rear bumper brackets.

I KNOW.... thats why i asked if anyone makes them, or could and i would pay for them.

i'm curious to know which 2" body lift you are using. i am considering this, because i am not interested in a 3" only a 2". please advise of brand, part number and where you found it. thanks in advance!

Toddious, my comment was meant for DMBOO.

drmoore - All I am doing is cutting an inch off the 3" Performance Accessories Ranger Body lift. It will still work just as well. You can get these at jcwhitney.com. Also, you're going to want gap guards. You will also want to get the Ranger body lift that consist of your year. So if its a Ranger kit for 98-00...and yours is a '00...then get that one. Hope this helps.

If you haven't already bought the trailmaster, go with the superlift instead. Much better construction IMO.

Lifted95X said:
If you haven't already bought the trailmaster, go with the superlift instead. Much better construction IMO.

and none of those friggin' ball joint spacers that will increase your turning radius like none other

And if you havent got the body lift yet, why arent you just using the 2" kit. It seems to be more trouble to cut the 3" blocks rather than just using the 2" kit.

in addition to cutting the block u WILL need shorter screws or 1" of washers for eacch one

that's what i am trying to figure out. do you think the '90-'94 explorer 2" body lift will work on a '00 explorer?

It should except for the bumper brackets.

Drmoore- I think there is a 2" body lift on jcwhitney.com that fits a 98-00 Ranger/Explorer.

not that i see...

drmoore71: You want a PA-792 Kit its for the 91-94 Explorer's Its a 2" body lift.

Things you must do to make it work.

#1 redrill the rear brackets that come with the kit. Its cake and there are pictures of mine a post I recently made. Seach for it using my user name.

#2. most of the bolts are to long and you can reuse a few of the stock bolts but in different locations than where they came from.

OR just take all the OEM bolts with you to a nut/bolt shop and get another set all exactly 2" longer than the stock ones.

#3. I can't remember how exactly we did it but we drilled a hole in the stock front bumper brackets 2" higher and just bolted it to the frame. I got mine perfectly right on.

If you have any other questions "itbejared" could help since he's done 2 kits. His and helped me with mine. :)

Good luck!

Back