4-way TrailMaster coil over shocks on lowered Explorer??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4-way TrailMaster coil over shocks on lowered Explorer???

PUR PONY

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 LTD, 96 XLT, & 98 XLT
Has anyone looked into the new 4-way TrailMaster Coil over shocks?? and do they even make them for an explorer??

I was thinking... I have the EE lowering kit on my truck and am starting to get sick of the mushy ride do to the softening of the torsion bars....

Would going with a coil over shock stiffen up the ride a little???

Dead Link Removed

i would just get new shocks...... if they are made by trailmaster as a coil over i bet they are really expensive...and they probably dont make them in a lowered version for you...... and to get them custom made would mean a lot more $...probably equal to what oyur truck is worth for custom tooling needed to make a custom shock

i have considered doing this to mine. not with trailmasters, though. www.summitracing.com has QA1 coilovers and you can get any length, and any spring rate you want. figured i would just take the torsion bars off and fab some mounts for the coilovers to run in the stock shock location. just keep in mind the mounts need to be hella-strong, as they will now be supporting the weight of the X.

Back