4R70W OD light flash...1-2 shift error | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4R70W OD light flash...1-2 shift error

Fluid is clean and correct level...., thanks for advice. I calming down some since drove it home (we were about 15 miles away from home when it did it) and to work today..no issues either time. We leave tomorrow to cross the state towing the boat for a mini vacation and I was planning on using F150, but I don't want to ruin wife's birthday weekend w/ broken truck so I playing it safe and using the Explorer.

How did the O-rings seem on the 1-2 accumulator when you took it out? Hard as a rock ?

Hum, I didn't think of pushing on them to see if they were harder than normal o-rings, I looked at them for nicks etc. but not at the durometer. I don't think I still have the old piston as I have cleaned up workbench since then but I will look to see if by chance I still have it. Are you thinking other accumulator sealing rings are suspect?

PM me and i will share my ideas and thoughts with you as related to your situation.

Back