Tkcmaine

Reaction score
City, State
Northport, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 ranger XLT 5.0 4r70w
Callsign
None
I purchased a 96 Ranger that has been dropped on a 98 explorer frame with the 5.0 and 4r70w and it was shifting great then one day while driving it started to shift into 3rd but never made it, now I think it's in safe mode.... I have a scanner and got these codes (p0750 shift solenoid a) replaced it, (p0500 vss a) replaced it and (p0708 trans. Range sensor a circuit high) replaced it and still no fix. Replaced filter and fluid and a new gasket. What else could it be... All codes still pop up. Overdrive light is blinking as well. Please help me...

Check all your connections at the transmission and check all fuses and grounds. Will the scanner show data? if so look for incorrect data from the computer and the sensors. Sounds like a wiring issue to me.

JK080 Thank you for the advice I have checked everything in my powers today and still no luck. Do you know of someone on here in the great state of Maine that can possibly help me out. All the shops local to me wanna throw a tranny at it and not find the problem. If you know of anyone please let me know.

Back