• Register Today It's free!

4WD not working

tyler_arish

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sport trac xlt
winter has come and i noticed that my 4WD has not been working.about 5 months ago i took my truck in to get some work done and they replaced my cv axels and my driver side cv shaft. every now and then i will hear a clunk when i start my vehicle(on my passenger kickboard) but it only happens onces every couple weeks. when i turn my ignition on every light comes on except my 4hi/4lo lights. checked all my fuzes and they are fine,also took them out and put them back in(read somewhere that someone did that and it worked). When my vehicle is idling i can hear a loud CLICK,almost like something is trying to engage. but i do not know what it is. happens every minute or so.all in all my 4wd is dead. is there a possibility that i have no fluid left in my transfer case? i bought the truck at 135k and im not sure if anyone has ever bothered to change it. is there any ways to find out what the problem is without taking it in and getting some ridiculous quote on it(from all the stories ive read it involves every single person getting ripped off).

also when i got my truck worked on,the guy said that the ABS light will come on from time to time and to ignore it.but could that be the problem? just read "You need to see what code is stored for the ABS system. There might be other codes present. "

Back