• Register Today It's free!

4x4 fixed

meece1us

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ranger '95 XLT
thank you for your help guy i got my 4x4 fixed today.. my old front locking hubs were shot so someone suggested wern manual locking hubs and i got some today and the manul conversion kit. and i could not help myself i had to go muddin and they are so much better than the stock hubs i love it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll sacrafice the convenience of the auto lockers for the reliability of the Warn manuals any day of the week!

Glad she's up and runnin' again! Take pictures next time. :)

-Joe

good to hear ya back up and runnin:thumbsup:

have fun and yeah, show us some pics:D

l8r, John:cool:

Does anyone know where i can get some manual locking hubs for a 98 ranger. Everyone tends to sell to 1997 and from 1999 and up. I cant find any for my year.
Thanks

For 98, Ford used a pulse-vacuum hublock on the Ranger. IIRC, 97 was still a TTB front end, and they did away with the system for 99 in favor of a live front axle. The PVH is probably more trouble-prone than the lousy locking hubs were on the TTB, but less prone to mechanical failure of the hubs.

-Joe

Yea, i read where you can replace my year with the explorer setup, but i dont like them always being locked in. Has anyone bought a manual locking hub setup for a 98 model.

Also avm makes a set of locking hub for you vehicle check with tellico or do a search for them on the web

Back