For Sale - 5 Spd for V8 explorer Kit (M5R2, clutch etc) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 5 Spd for V8 explorer Kit (M5R2, clutch etc)

My explorer was totaled by insurance so I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying back to part out. As many of you know I installed a 5 speed in behind the 302 so I was thinking of selling all the parts for this as a kit including:

- 03' M5R2 (w/75k miles on it) w/ wiring harness
- Flywheel
- Clutch (only like 5k on it)
- Pressure plate
- Block Plate
- Slave cylinder
- Master cylinder
- Shifter, Shift boot, and Console piece
- Clutch pedal assembly
- Modified Cross member
- Modified gas tank bracket
- Starter for a 5 speed

- Driveshafts and 4406M Transfer Case with matching shifter and boot can be negotiated too.

All for $1300 o.b.o. and I will deliver for free within 50 miles of 02864 or else we can work out a meet up point. I have a whole thread in my signature on installing this, and its not too hard I did all the work to figure it out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I hadn't had to shell out $1800 to the IRS this year, I would be all over that. :(

best of luck with the sale.

Did you ever get the PCM issues sorted out?

Did you ever get the PCM issues sorted out?

Yeah I think so, the last 6 months or so it ran smooth in all weather. What made the problem so hard was I think I had 2 things causing a very similar problem at the same time. First was the particular wire I had to disconnect going to the PCM from a former tranny sensor and secondly the KKM filter I used was really dirty and kept fouling the MAF (I didn't clean it and re-oil it correctly and it was falling apart, not to mention it wasn't even supposed to be for the 5.0). Once I had both things corrected at the same time it ran fine.

I live in Cumberland and have never seen your truck. I wish i had a 5.0 explorer...

im also from cumberland valley falls.still have an ex nick or will u be leaving us i would to have a local ex meeting nothing major maybe even find some local trails.im also looking for tire 245 70 16 or close sizes hit me up if possible.:usa:

oh wow, I'm surprised by the number of people from Cumberland popping up on here lately. When I first joined there were only a few dozen in the Northeast alone. I'm sorry to report I don't have an ex anymore... I needed the pickup bed so I got an F150. I'll still be around on the forums though and meet ups when I can.

Back