• Register Today It's free!

5 speed swap?

allxlts

Reaction score
City, State
Montague, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ex, 96 s10
alright, so after trying so hard to figure out my trans problems, ive decided to say screw it, i like driving stick better.

so, i know i need the trans as well as the clutch parts. i know i need the pedal assembly aswell. my question is, what do i do about the transfercase? i have the "awd, 4wd, 4wl" thing, and i dont know how that AWD parts gonna react with a 5 speed.

second, what am i gonna do about driveshafts? are the transmissions the same length?

third, im assuming im gonna need the trans crossmember aswell?

thanks for any input guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

buummpp

got the answers for the crossmember and driveshafts, now i just need to know about the t-case. is it going to go stupid on me?

If your serious about doing this my buddy has a 98 sport 5spd that's being parted out so pm me if you are interested

and it's all right in here,,

I can see no reason why an AWD transfer case will not operate in the same way with a manual transmission in front of it, as with an automatic. Of course, the T-case must by of compatible mounting to the 5-Speed. imp

Back