5R55E Problem Appreciate any Help | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5R55E Problem Appreciate any Help

none that I'm aware of.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nor am I. The only upgrade I know of is the longer cam engagement pin.

It is cast aluminum and a very poor choice for this part. If this were steel, I don't think it would ever break. Then they would not be able to collect as much money from all of us.

I just want to post a thank you for all the help I received here. I am very greatful, for all of the support. I would have never finished or even attempted this repair without all the information I learned from this forum. I installed my transfer case yesterday. I filled it and the transmission with new fluid and a bottle of Lucas Transmission additive. The truck drove wonderful! It shifts nice and crisp at the correct time and locations. The tranfer case shifts into and out of 4WD perfectly as well. I am a very happy camper! I honestly believe the only real issue with my Explorer was the broken shift fork in the transfer case, but I now have a completely rebuild valve body with all of the upgrades. With any luck this truck should be well behaved for the next couple of years or so. Thanks again!

:D

Boy am I glad I came across this thread, im having the exact same problem. Ill pull my transfer case this morning and check it out. Thank you for having such a great do-it yourself kinda site.

Back