5th gen lowered??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th gen lowered???

feared100

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer XLT
Hey all! I currently drive a lifted second gen, which I love. I have been wondering about a new vehicle. Because gas mileage sucks with mud tires! Either the new focus RS that is coming to the states! orr a 5th gen explorer. I was looking at them for a while. I recently saw a bagged Edge at my school. I fell in love. I was just wondering if anyone knew how or if there are any ways of lowering a new explorer, and if there are bag kits for them?

THANKS!!!!!!!

Hey all! I currently drive a lifted second gen, which I love. I have been wondering about a new vehicle. Because gas mileage sucks with mud tires! Either the new focus RS that is coming to the states! orr a 5th gen explorer. I was looking at them for a while. I recently saw a bagged Edge at my school. I fell in love. I was just wondering if anyone knew how or if there are any ways of lowering a new explorer, and if there are bag kits for them?

THANKS!!!!!!!
Welcome to the Forum feared100.:wavey:

Check out the following thread on the lowering question;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394483&highlight=lowered

Peter

Thanks! My main question was if there are any bag kits for 5th gens. I want to be able to park the Explorer. And just slam it to the ground. So that I have good ride height for driving and I can lower it for show / pics.

I remember someone having an air-ride setup on theirs but I can't remember who it was or even what thread it was in. I know it is in this modified section though. I'll try and find it but it's been awhile.

Back