• Register Today It's free!

6 disc changer question

blackout881

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer 4.0
Hi have the 6 disc changer in my 04 explorer. It has a AUX button. What the hell is it for?? Does anyone know if there is a way to hook a ipod up to it or anything? Just wondering what that button is for when i cant find any auxiliary inputs or anything... Couldnt find out from the owners manual either. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe it can be used for XM, Serius Satillite Radio, Ipod or other portable audio devices. I'm unsure of how to hook any of that up though.

I just read somewhere there are aux inputs in the back of the stereo..how do you remove the stereo from the 04's?? My 98 was a piece of cake, just needed the stereo removal tool and it slid right out.

Once you get the trim ring off, there are a couple of screws that hold it in. It's getting the trim ring off that is maddening.

There are probably not inputs on the back like you are thinking unless the radio was modified at some point. If they are available they will be in the wiring harness. On my current HU the AUX channel is for the input located on the factory overhead DVD.

Check this link for the pinouts for the different Audiophile decks used in '04.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~122001~PN~1

Back