6 weeks in a garage for loss of power | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6 weeks in a garage for loss of power

Sounds like tranny problem ie the shift solenoid and epc codes.
The problem with power could be a kind of limp mode. Check the tranny fluid level and condition and all the fuses associated with the tranny. Also have a look at all the connectors on the tranny and the connectors for the tranny loom at the rear of the engine (Go in thro the wheel archs).
There is a tranny section in the US part of the site and the guys there may have more of an idea what those codes point to. But my guess as its 2 solenoids is that its a control/elec prob.

EDIT: Just did a bit of reading and found this. Look at your codes and the symptoms. The 1747 code limits engine torque!!!
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/muddyford/2008-12-19_013359_1121.pdf

well i hate to say i told you so but...

Glad to hear you're up and running again. gonna come to ford fair and show off your low mileage gem?
Regards

This was a fascinating thread. Glad I read it. My thanks to all who contributed to it as I learned a lot.

Janolsson, you were indeed right from the start, once again. Well done. And thanks for putting me onto Justin. He did an outstanding job in fixing the timing chains. He also found a small air leak on the lower inlet manifold gasket and fixed that too.

This forum is outstanding. Love it. :thumbsup:

Mike

Back