• Register Today It's free!

6X9 in a exp?

agallant

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I went to crutchfields and used there on line what fits my car thing. It said that 6X9 speakers will fit in my car. Where? does any one else have 6X9 speakers in there car?

-AG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive never heard of a 6x9 fitting in a EX. Atleast not without some major modifying.

You can get some 6.5's in though.

I will make them fit. I will take some picts and post them.

6x9's in an Explorer are fairly easy. I had them in the front of my 96. The biggest problem I had was depth.

Hello Mbrooks420

What brand did you use. I went to soundtrack and car parts locally and the installers pretty much laughed at me. Also I am guessing they fit behind the door speaker grills ok? I am not afraid of a sawzall job, but would like to know if they fit before cutting. Window interferance and such.

i once put 6x9's in my 94 sport, mainly cuz i didn't have the money to buy new 6x8's. It wasn't too hard (i put them in the rear side panel) but i would never do it again. I have since put 6x8's in, too easy.

Well thanks for the advice guys. I put Infinity 6 3/4 componet speakers in the front today. Actuailly I only got one door done. I had to make a shim to cover the old opening in the door. I will post some picts of the other door when i do it. The cools thing is that the x-over fits great in to a vacant opening in the door pannel.

I put 6x9's in the back of my 98 sport with little modification. Stock grilles, too.

Back