• Register Today It's free!

7 relays under dash

2000v8

Reaction score
City, State
new jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mercury mount
Hi all ok i am trying to fix my dome and windows i think it is the GEM mod i pulled apart the dash and saw on my gem it has year 1999 and my truck is a 2000 i read on here it has to be the same year so i am not sure if that matters or not but my main thing is that under the dash there are 7 realys i found one post on here about them well in mine there is 7 spots but only 5 relays the ones that are missing are the ones under the assc delay to the left and the last one on the bottom right when i put a relay in this spot the relay get warm but i still dont have any windows or dome lights can any one tell me about these relay or about the gem mod thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am experiencing the same problem with my 2000 XLT. No cargo lights, no power windows, . Am searching for a solution today. Will let you know if/when I find my fix.

Update: (shamefaced) Did a battery disconnect,(10 + minutes), it appears I am back to normal.

update ok i have been looking thur all the wires and have found that they all go to the same plug on the GEM module every thing leds back to this all the relays are good and so are the fuses so i orderd a used one off ebay and will update this when i get it and find out if this fixes it i sure hope so

My problems popped up again next day, (I shoulda known!), I too, ordered a used GEM from e-bay. Just make sure you get one with the SAME #'s as the one in there. Mine was also a 1999 module, I have a 2000 XLT.
As long as I'm posting, I'd like to thank all the regulars who post. I've been a member a couple of years, don't post much. Don't have to, search has answered all my questions. Thanks again guys, and thanks to Rick and the Mods for the site, and all the work you do!!

:thumbsup:

yes i did i pulled out the raido and cover took out the gem and wrote down the # i cant order mine till thursday when i get paid let me know if this fixes your problem thanks

yes i did i pulled out the raido and cover took out the gem and wrote down the # i cant order mine till thursday when i get paid let me know if this fixes your problem thanks

Here is a link, says it will work with your model, just make sure it's same #. This is same as mine, says made in Canada.... $34.95, including priority shipping. Mine shipped today, will have it Monday latest. Good luck, happy payday. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350500560261?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

lol i just orderd mine tonight that one is the wrong part number mine has bb on the end

The used GEM I purchased appears to have solved my troubles. Installed a few minutes ago, all systems are functioning. If you have big hands,...... good luck! :thumbsup:

ok just incase someone is haveing the same problem i found mine i need to replace the wire harness the prevois owner had a problem with the dimmer switch and it toatly melted this green and orgen wire all the way down to the accy delay relay box under the dash this totaly stinks lol so i am in the middle of taking out the dash to replace it dose anyone have a dieagram of the relay box under the dash for me thanks

relay box under the dash

did you ever find a picture of the relay box under the dash?
I would like one

Back