92 ford ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

92 ford ranger

darkmaster89

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 ford ranger
i let a friend borrow my truck for ten minutes and it had to be towed back he said he didnt know what happened now it will not go into gear the clutch pedal feels fine resouvouir is full but when i start and try to put it in first nothing happens i put it back in nuetral dont hit the clutch just move the shifter to first and there is no grinding noise like there should be when you dont hit the clutch also it doesnt stall when u just let go of the clutch pedal help please :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Welcome to the forum!

Is the truck 4x4? How enthusiastic of a driver is your friend? No grinding whatsoever upon slipping it into first suggests to me an issue with your clutch not applying, the input shaft being broken or an issue with your shifter. Does the shifter move along the shift pattern properly or is it sloppy? Will the trans do anything in any other gear position or is first the only gear affected? Did the truck smell like burnt clutch lining when you got it back? Any sort of fluid leakage? I presume you've already checked for any obvious signs of damage from the underside

Sounds like your clutch plate is gone, my Toyota pickup did the same thing when I bought it.

no 2wd kinda enthusiastic and the gear shifter moves fine its not just first its all gears it will not go into gear and no fluid leaking burnt smell or anything thats y im so confused

Back