• Register Today It's free!

'92 Ranger Heat Problems

beachguy

Reaction score
City, State
LBI NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Ranger XLT
I have been having problems with my heat..sometimes it works other times nothing ,sometimes warm but not hot. I did a radiator flush this morning used prestone radiator flush and flushed twice after ..the initial drain was filthy.anyway,, the heat still does not work properly, the thermostat seems to be opening and closing .( temp. gauge going up and down within normal heat range) upper radiator hose soft after warm -up... any ideas ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...your heater core may be plugged up, bypassed, or your blend door may be having some issues...:scratch:

could i do a heater core flush by removing hoses at firewall?? when i did the radiator flush the directions said to keep the heat off,,maybe it should have been on...

...the reason they say to keep the heat off is the heater core is suspect to collecting stuff and clogging up...check the hoses to the heater core too...it may be time to replace the heater core and it's hoses...but this is only one of a few things that it could be but the heater core fix would be my guess if it is switching properly from the dash controls...just make sure the heater door is not blocked too...

after reading the container of flush again.. i goofed up... it says to turn heat on and a/c off.. boo boo damn... so i eccentially did a half -assed job... oh well more antifreeze and another flush... thanks for the replies

...while you are working on it, take a look at the heater core...good luck with your project...:D

Back