93 Limited Anti Theft Problem | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Limited Anti Theft Problem

mine does the same crap.i hate fords!!!try unlocking the hatch before you unlock the doors

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Programming Instructions:

picture4hp3.png

Connector you need to jumper is C344, the RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) Program Connector

picture5ec6.png

Closer View

picture6kr0.png

There are switches in the door that cause the system to disarm when you unlock the doors with the key. The switch might be corroded, especially if it works only sometimes or only if you turn the key a certain way. Before you try to program a transmitter make sure the batteries in it are fresh. Also make sure the window is not leaking on the module, water + electronics = :confused: .

-Ted

hey people thank god i found this forum... we're facing this problem here in the middle east with the 95 explorers and no one is knowing how to solve the problem, now im doing this as a favour for a friend... so can you guys tell me the procedure as in how to reprogram the FOB to work with my car when I buy it off of ebay?

let me ask a question guys.....my 94 sport with power locks premium sound,leather powers seats...this trim level...would it had come with a remote new from the factory ?

thanks

I think that would go along with a theft light on the dash. Do you see a "THEFT" light come on with the ignition?

i looked when i turned on the key switch and did not see any theft light but i can't tell about the ones in the cluster.i looked up one key remote provider on the threads page up top and they asked me for my vin number and they said that there was one that will work for my truck .so would the vin number it's self be a indicator that the truck has the remote system?

ok, I saw the way we reprogram the key, but how do I know that the problem we are facing is the same one u guys are having in the U.S?!

And for a 1995 Explorer which Key FOB should I get? Serial Code? Number?

I have a 94 and I want to program an extra key fob. I tried the off/on sequence but that did not work. I have a anti theft light that comes on, but no noise. Do I have to pull the fuse for that before the on/off sequence to program the fob's or do I have to jumper something in the rear box?

Back