94 Cast Aluminum Wheels

Brandons

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ontario, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 F150 SC 5.4
The rims on the truck seem to have white deposites, i dont know what this is and was told this was a form of corrosion. Il try to get some pics, when i find a page to host them.

i want to keep the stock rims, any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BUY MINE =)

for real brandon ill seel u my stock ones... now all there doing is taking up room..

PEACE

srry i couldnt help you more

and was told this was a form of corrosion
Yep that sounds about right.
The factory rims have clear coat on them but in your case some of it has chipped off, you can remove it with a good paint stripper and then polish them up but being in ontario you would be fighting a never ending battle with corrosion.
There are places that restore rims..... not cheap but worth it if you like the factory alum's.

I'll consider it, when i get a job kid. They would be nice rims, it would be nice to have a pair so i can preserve the 1994 rims.

other then that i was suggested to use a pressure washer on them.

hopefully i can fix the damn things

Thanks hotweels, il have to try that, when i figure out exactly what paint stripper is lol. would that be paint thinner?

I should get some rims for the winter

Hey guys i have the same problem and i'm thinking of sand blast them and then aply a clear coat would it be possible??

I wouldnt sand blast them that would probably scratch them

Sand blasting will destoy the wheel. Sand should be used only on steel parts. They have to be bead blasted using glass bead or walnut shells. After that polish the wheel to a shine and clearcote them.

Back