94 Explorer Sport taking a vacation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Explorer Sport taking a vacation

BillyBob42

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
Hey y'all, how's it going. So my 1994 Sport has suffered what looks like a head gasket failure. Last Friday I noticed it ran rough on initial start up and steam out the exhaust. It cleared up and I got on with my day. Saturday was the same thing except as I was going down the interstate I noticed it was lacking power and running in g rough. I pulled off to have a look and check my coolant level and decided to head back home. I knew something bad was going on but pushed it to get back. By the time I got home it was belching out steam at a steady pace and had a dead misfire. When cranking the engine you can clearly tell one cylinder has little to no compression. This is not the end of the road for my trusty old friend but repairs will have to wait until I have time to do them. After 287000 miles and nearly thirty years of service she will get a well deserved rest. I picked up a 1997 explorer V8 all wheel drive for a pretty decent price. It seems pretty solid with no obvious issues. Is there any known short comings with these explorers.?

Back