94 Limited Explorer with 327 & 565 codes. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Limited Explorer with 327 & 565 codes.

TheRooki3

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Limited
Hey guys! Thank you for welcoming me to your site....very interesting, and very helpful place...so i have the check engine light on (when it warms up) and followed the "how to pull codes on our vehicles" thread!! "enter thumbs up icon here" but i got the 327 code, and the 565 code((O) Canister Purge 1 solenoid/circuit failure).....now what do i do?...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the EEC-IV section. Did you check the solenoid with an ohmmeter to see if it's blown out.

Good gravy! So prompt! Much appreciated (and thanks for renaming/relocating my thread)...anywho...I failed to mention other symptoms/issues that occur along with the check engine light...well its idles a little weird...not surging violently but just enough to notice it...it also (for a v6) consumes a lot of gas , or is that normal?...It comsumes gas as if it were a V8 of some type...
As for the ohmmeter? I haven't tested it....you suggest that's where I would start? How do I go about doing this? And what am I looking for? I'm assuming there's a thread on this on this awesome site right? Don't want you to repeat something somebody already did. :)

A solenoid is just a coil, so you have to connect the ohmmeter across two leads to see if the coil is good (small resistance) or blown out (no reading).

ok will do....but (pardon my ignorance) what coil? ignition coil? ...do you have a picture of what this "solenoid" looks like and where i should put my leads to start testing? .....thanks in advance!!

The canister purge solenoid (CANP) is an electric "valve" that opens and closes to purge the charcoal canister. On my '92, the CANP solenoid is simply hanging in the line that goes from the charcoal canister to the intake. I believe, on your '94, that they moved the solenoid so that it is located directly underneath the throttle body. In either case, locate the charcoal canister (drivers side front of the engine bay), and then trace the tube from the canister to the intake, and you should find the solenoid.

The 327 points to a fault in the EGR sensor circuit. Exact diagnosis would depend on whether it was a KOEO code or CM code. The DPFE sensor gets quite a bit of discussion on here, if you put DPFE or something like it into the site's search engine.

Back