95 Explorer: New Foglights needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 Explorer: New Foglights needed.

Ok, maybe I just suck at searching, And I am willing to bet somewhere in the mess of threads has what I want. So feel free to point me to an old post if you wish.

Recently on of my fog lights went out on my 95 explorer. It has been in there since stock. So when I took it out, it would not budge and had rusted its self to the plastic. After destroying the bulb trying to get it out, it destroyed the fog light housing.

So yes I could glue it all back together, I have noticed the mirror coating has started to chip or disappear on the inside. So what time is better than now to change the setup. Here lies the problem.

Checked ebay and found really for my year model they have not done anything with the square fog light. I love the stock look but not so fortunate enough to have the circular ones of the new gens explorers(Because they have a lot more community support). The square stock ones only fit H3 bulbs, and thus not even HIR bulbs are made in H3. So I have sucky headlights, and fog lights. 9007 and H3 combo sucks because the lack of good bulbs (I would kill for HIR bulb in 9007)

So since a fog light it broken I was hopping someone could suggest a good replacement that will have better output but fit in the stock location. (long story for something so simple eh?)

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180342

This should help. When you wire them be sure to use the relay that comes with the lights and use the OEM wire (+) to activate the lights. That way you will get the full 13+ volts to the lights and insure their brightness, along with being able to use the OEM switch. If you just hook them the the OEM wiring the lights will not be as bright because it is smaller wiring and will not give you all the volts the new system needs.
PIAA 1500 are also good but only available in amber. You can also fit in the Hella lights.

So have to get the full all season kit then?

Do they or someone else have a kit without all the fog/covers that you dont need?

Are you looking to save some money? I do not doubt that those Kc's are amazingly bright but heres some thought. I went to a local advance auto, found a set of Square 55 watt i believe they were called blazer fog lights, really cheap like 20 bucks at the time. I put them in had to remove the stock mountin bracket cut n soldered the factory wires to them to avoid running new wires and found a way to mount them up in factory location. Those along with some silverstars made my 95 ex brighter on low beam.. then on high! the fog lights put out so much light i prefered the up in ur face football stadium over an extra 40 feet. Just my opinion if you wanna save the bucks I'm sure kc's are better though. sorry no pics and no overheating problems had em about a year then rolled the bit*h!

Back