• Register Today It's free!

95 Explorer Sport

95plorer

Reaction score
City, State
Taylors Falls, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer Sport
Hi, I'm new here and I just bought a '95 Explorer Sport that is fully loaded. I'm 15 and don't know a lot about Explorers, so is there anything that i should do before I start driving it? Yeah, I'm 15 years old and it has 127k on it. It's my all-around vehicle, so please gimme some advice on what I should do, (I'm leaning more towards the deep-snow/trail side of things), and I don't have a ton of money for it. Thanks a lot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you gonna wheel it, I would start with a either a Torsion bar twist & lift shackles to raise your truck 2" And/or a 3" body lift for the Ranger.. You just have to modify Performance Accessories #883 Body lift for the ranger.

So then I take it the Explorer and Ranger kits are interchangable? Because I've been having NO luck finding body lifts for a 95 Explorer.

If I were to go with a 2-3" body lift, I'd think that I'd want maybe a 2-3" susp. lift? I'm all ears. :D

The body lift kit can be modified to work.. You'll just need to get bumper brackets made since they are the wrong ones for the Explorer. You can also get a 4" superlift but they are expensive.

Check the tranny fluid. If it doesn't look good, I'd change it, and get a new filter. I'd also add a tranny cooler.

okay, got that, so anything else?

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan! I have a 95 sport too. Do you have any pics?

I got the exact same thing, 95 sport with expidition package, got mine with 125k and now has 190k, definately check the tranny fluid like mbrooks said, so far I have changed tranny, spark plugs, fuel filter & pump and currently working on a wheel bearing problem but she still runs like a dream!

yeah, all i have right now are pics from the dealership I bought it at, once i get my digital camers back I'll take some more.

Not sure what i want to do with it yet, but i love it so far! :D

hey and 95xsport, do you have any

my explorer

LOL, my 95 just turned 190k a week ago, at least Im not the only one now!

Hey, your X looks exactly like mine when it was stock, but I didnt get a digital camera until after my mods. Yours has a little different wing on it but man, thats looks real clean in the pic!Yea, I got a ton of pics at Cardomain. Check it out
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/509460

You have one nice lookin' explorer. I can't decide whether to drop it mine or jack it up, because I could find uses for both. :cool:

Oh definately "jack it up" I have a a 3"bl and getting ready to put on 33's later this week, I just love sitting higher than most other vechicles not to mention being able to take it offroad, I LOVE IT :thumbsup:

I think I will lift it, it does make more sense the more i think about it.

Especially because of the MN winters we have here, but which ever way you want it is the best. Im still deciding if I want a lift and put bigger tires on but I dont want to lose mpg's so I'm keeping it stock for now.

So then if I were to get 33's, what would be the best all-around tire?

BFG's A/T Ko's thats exactly what I have, great all around tire for just about everything

Hey, thanks a lot, you've been really helpful. :D

Back