For Sale - 95+ IFS RCD coil overs and brackets $300 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 95+ IFS RCD coil overs and brackets $300

I have a set of discontinued rcd coil overs and brackets to get rid of torsion bars. They are ment to be used with their 5" kit but would work on a 4" superlifted truck.

The coil overs are known to be a weak point in the lift kit and have a tendency to brake. 1 has already been replaced. They have eibach 850 lb springs installed. They are a little rusty. I would only run these shocks until you can afford to upgrade to a better coil over and limit strap setup.

You will still need some plate to stiffen up the shock bucket and a little hardware to finish the install. Like I said earlier in the post USE THESE SHOCKS AT YOUR OWN RISK. $300 + shipping

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would this work for a ranger and if so what years?

98+ 4x4 rangers with 4" suspension lift

Any idea on if the superlift diff drop bracket would need to be re-inforced like the RCD one was prone to because of high rate of failure? Also what additional hardware would be needed and any idea on price of new coilovers? Weren't they blistein originally? Also any info on the size/thickness would be for the shock tower gussets? I'm familiar with the conversion and have seen it with the fox coilovers. I have the superlift and about to instal on my 04'. Sorry for so many questions. Very interested

Yes these are self limited bilstiens. A set of new fox coil overs and lower eye extensions is like $450-$500. Then you still need limit straps. (I actually run this setup on my ranger). The biggest difference between these bilstiens and the fox's is the shaft size. The bilstiens are 1/2" or 9/16" where the Fox's are 5/8". The bilstiens were technically only built to be used on rangers and not the heavier explorers.

Shock tower gussets can be made with say 2" wide piece of 1/4" steel on both sides. I made my top limit strap bolt into my gusset.

Hardware needed: Maybe a few 7/16 grade 8 bolts (think I'm only missing 1) and a spanner wrench to adjust the coilover.

SOLD

Keep tuned to the for sale section as I'm cleaning out some of my goodies and posting things daily.

Back