97 Explorer V8 - Getting Code P0308 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

97 Explorer V8 - Getting Code P0308

Have you tried to see if you are getting spark on that cylinder? Plug in a spark tester on #8 wire.
I am getting a spark on all cylinders. I am now betting it is the injector, which looks like a pain to get to. I will try swapping out the injectors next.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This past Monday I drove to the auto parts store to see how much new injectors cost. The owner of the store suggested i pour "Sea Foam - fuel system cleaner" into the tank. The Explorer hadn't mis-fired the whole drive in, so I bought a can and poured it in the tank.

Three days without a mis-fire. Three days without the CEL coming back on. Three days of me not working on my story on how the Explorer ended up in the river. I am back to being a happy Ford Explorer owner.

Thanks to everyone who offered me possible solutions!!!!!!!

I feel bad that I didn't suggest that earlier to be honest. :(
How did that get past all of us?

Now, if the problem comes back, don't panic. it is common for the loosened carbon deposits to foul the spark plugs. Hopefully you are beyond that.

I feel bad that I didn't suggest that earlier to be honest. :(
How did that get past all of us?

Now, if the problem comes back, don't panic. it is common for the loosened carbon deposits to foul the spark plugs. Hopefully you are beyond that.

The gas station I use has a fuel system cleaner that pumps into your tank while pumping the gas, if you buy it. I started buying it when the Explorer started acting up, but it didn't seem to help. I guess after 4 tank-fulls, it finally loosened up the carbon deposits enough to work.

I do appreciate your help and support!!!

UMM I had the same problem took it to the shop after doing all of the above when i didnt get any results will they said it was valve leak compression was low on cyclinder 6 got rebuild paid a bit much i think $2600. Two weeks later the code came up again its in the shop right now they said its leaking anitfrezze. glad sea form solve your problem

Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier or I would have suggested that. It was probably a clogged injector that the seafoam loosened up. However the other thing that seafoam would fix that would throw a misfire is carbon build up. If you have carbon buildup in a cylinder then it will have a glow plug effect and predetonate the fuel. Glad its fixed.

Back