97 Mountaineer grille…Yeti?

whisperer

Historic
Reaction score
City, State
Bend OR - Hilo HI - Bel Air MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
:) Which one?
I have a 97 V8 Mountaineer and the grille is wasted. AFAIK this is a 1 year part and is not reproduced by anyone?
This is the 97, same angles and headlights as Explorer til 01.
A652AF4E-37AD-447D-8E61-23B60DD2314E.jpeg

This is the 98-01 mountaineer
3DF8B9F0-12BC-4944-866D-EAE322A56402.jpeg

Am I stuck with less crashed junkyard parts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have two 96-97 mountaineer grills in pristine condition ;) shipping would be a killer

Yes that is a two year part only
I like the 98-01 mounty look but you have to swap the entire header panel not just grill and headlights

I’m actually from eastern oregon but just moved out to the east coast. Man, I might still be interested in one of those grilles. Just bought this 97 mounty 5.0 with 115k and I know I’m going to see this busted grille every time I walk by…. 😛

I also have a Mountaineer grill in my stockpile. Currently using a Limited grill. The Mountaineer grills are pretty rare in the junkyards I go to. Same with the Limited ones. Most of both are broken. Most Mountaineer ones have failing chrome.

1640547437482.png

1640547498694.png

Not too long ago I saw a Mountaineer with an Explorer grille... this explains it. 96-97 no doubt.

I was hoping there was an easy answer I didn’t know about…. You know, “flip a 98 f150 grille over and wala, a 97 mounty grille”….
Just my luck!

Toypaseo, that chrome one would sure look nice on my 97….. 😻

We could look into getting it to you. I am fine with my Limited one...

Toypaseo, that chrome one would sure look nice on my 97….. 😻

I had a 96 explorer w the mounty grill hahahahahahahaha opposite I always wanted to put the 98-01
Mounty front dress on that truck

When I sold it I used a regular explorer grill and kept my two 96-97 mounty grills as trophies!!

Here's one of those 96-97 Mounty grilles in what appears to be in excellent condition from what one can see at angles - just showed up at local J.Y. ....for anyone interested in So Cal.

I have two 96-97 mountaineer grills in pristine condition ;) shipping would be a killer

Yes that is a two year part only
I like the 98-01 mounty look but you have to swap the entire header panel not just grill and headlights

The Mounty front swap you might also have to do the hood, the latch changed in 1998 too. This is reminding me, I also need to find another 98-01 header panel, I used the one I had to build my 99. I have a painted Mounty grille to swap onto my 98 Limited, I better look for a nice header panel too.

2000Grille.JPG

Back