• Register Today It's free!

97 V8 AWD Half Axle Help!!!

fastcougar

Reaction score
City, State
Kearnysville, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
02' Mountaineer - V8 AWD
Please watch this video and let me know if this is normal. It's a brand new reman half-axle to replace the driver's side front half-axle. Problem is that the outboard side is extremely taught and hard to turn/rotate. Definitely doesn't feel right. Cost of these where soo inexpensive that I bought both the driver's and passenger's side figuring "why not". Turns out that passenger's side is loose on both the inboard and outboard CV's, but the driver's side isn't.

Right Click and "Save Target As ..." (WMV - 1.13MB)

this is not right that half shaft is JUNK!!!!!!!!id try another one (remember you get what you pay for :) )

cjbarron5 said:
this is not right that half shaft is JUNK!!!!!!!!id try another one (remember you get what you pay for :) )
Oddly enough, they came from one of the most respected reman outfits out there ... Cardone. Problem is that the box wasn't handled properly I'm sure and the CV was dropped so that the shaft was pushed too far into it's joint ... that's all I can figure since it was bought by one the best retailers on the web ... RockAuto.

Back