• Register Today It's free!

'98 Explorer- No Display on Radio

joebnz

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 5.0 AWD
The display on the CD/radio quit working. All functions are OK- radio, CD. The lower section buttons light when the headlights are on. I found three fuses labeled for the RADIO, all checked OK. Could there possibly be an internal fuse for the LED display? Any other ideas?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is some reading for you. It is a common problem in the radios in 2nd gens. There are several threads around about fixing it. Using the SEARCH feature should give you all the answers you need.

Good Luck!

Radio Display

I went without a display for a long time and even tried the suggested fixes myself but never got the display to work. I sent my unit to these guys at least a year ago and it has been working ever since. It felt like I had bought a new car once the display was working again. LOL

Here is the site: http://home.att.net/~pacificaudiotech/

Good Luck!!!

I finally said to hell with it and bought a new stereo but I think I might be having issues...

I came very close to doing the same thing especially after removing the unit, trying to fix it and putting it back together and back in a half a dozen times!!! But I didn't want to give up the steering wheel controls...etc, plus I liked the layout of the controls. If you are having issues with the new stereo and you still have your original unit, it might be worth getting the display fixed and going back to the old unit.

The sound out of my new deck is incredible its just I get a pop sound in my speakers when I change radio stations or tracks or stuff like so.

Back