A Built in Fridge - Offroad style | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Built in Fridge - Offroad style

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Sadly no updates to post as of yet but is there anything in particular you would like to know more about?

..My X has pretty much sat (except for pulling trailers duty) since the last Truckhaven trip..:(

..It will be heading out to Truckhaven this weekend and then from about the first of February till the 10th it will be in full use out in Johnson Valley for the "King of the Hammers".

..The fridge has worked out perfect in it's new home and I couldn't be happier..:biggthump

..The added multiple 12v marine plugs w/covers are an excellent addition for running my computer to charging all my camera's and their batteries, running the mobile inverter..These free up the one and only one I've had for years up by the ashtray..

..:scratch:..As for the Jack skid plates, those have been redesigned a little bit and I have been in touch with the builder over the past few months as he has been busy building race Rangers and Toyota's and I too have been busy..I haven't had my grinder out in a while to play with it so these skids may get some modifying by me just for fun..

..He actually emailed me yesterday and I should be picking up 1-large and 1-small skid plate for both of my jacks, one for each truck this Friday on my way to Truckhaven..;)

..I do need to get around to hard wiring in the Lowrance Baja 500 though but i do like having another spot to charge my phone that's within easy reach but still out of the way with easy retrieval for finding it when I take the rocks a little to hard..:biggthump

..I do still need to work on securing the "Flap" (when I get a chance), in case of rollover so all the straps and such won't go flying..This is also where I plan on securing the jack (on top of the "Flap").

..If I had another X and another fridge, I would do it again..:hammer:

So how do you mount the fridge on your bike????

Securing the flap is usually the afterthought, like the video of the Jeep rolling over and hemorrhaging beer cans everywhere from its unsecured cooler.

So how do you mount the fridge on your bike????

..I've got some techie stuff I will do to the bike but a fridge has to really come down in size and weight for me to pack it on my bicycle and solar panels won't cut it..

Hey Tbars4,

Great meeting you today!

Nice looking build you have going. A fridge is the only way to go! I would never go back to an ice chest. The fridge stays in my truck all the time.

Look forward to following your build.

..Sorry I missed your post..:salute:

..My fridge finally started paying for itself at the King of the Hammers...:biggthump

..It turns out the first day I was out there I figured I would stop by one of my favorite food vendors out there and have them make up one of their awesome chorizo burritos since it was before 6 a.m. and about freezing..

..They said they regretted it but sadly they were out of chorizo..I just happened to have 2 fresh big chubs of chorizo in my fridge and since we were old friends they offered to cook it up for me..In fact, I had free burrito's all week since my fridge helped save their breakfast service for the day..

..After getting home from a week or two trip it is so nice to not have to deal with water and the mess usually found in a cooler that needs to be attended to as soon as you get home..

..Right now I have trips almost every weekend, some local a day or two and some are a trip of a week or two...

..The fridge also makes it nice as I don't have to unload and restock before and after every trip and the waste of food and condiments are now very minimal..

..I hardly ever if ever used a cooler over many years of travel as I like to pack relatively light and have never been a fan of items that require a lot of work as in set up, tear down, and or maintenance on trips as they take all the fun out of trying to relax and explore..

..I do not believe I will make a trip without my fridge...I am trying to find a smaller than my 45qt. edition for cheap to build into my Ranger..:hammer:

Back