A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

So after my first ride in the Ex with the new upgrade I have to say that overall I really like the new look and feel. It is really nice. I would say that I haven't really noticed anything working "faster" than normal. It seems to be a bit more responsive, but it's not blazing fast.

The 2 things that I really miss are the outside temp on the screen and also for some reason the battery level indicator for my phone only shows up when I am either on the phone tab or the main home screen with the 4 quadrants. It was nice to have that show up on the phone tab no matter what section you were in. Other than that I am pretty pleased with it.

-SplashRI

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know about driving it off the cliff but back in the 80's I had a new Ford Club Wagon that was a lemon. The dealer back then and Ford didn't appreciate the bright lemon magnetic signs with the dealer logo on it for over a year till they bought it back.
:>)

I noticed that in our large city newspaper the Ford new car dealers do not list the MFT as standard on the any of their Explorers, Edge, Fusion etc not even the Limited models, they only include Sync plus other options etc. No where in their ads do they rant and rave about the MFT system, the greatest thing since sliced bread, nope. Gee I wonder why? Hoping the new update changes the way the dealer advertises and starts to lists the MFT as an standard equipment.
Just an observation.

No where in their ads do they rant and rave about the MFT system, the greatest thing since sliced bread, nope. Gee I wonder why? Hoping the new update changes the way the dealer advertises and starts to lists the MFT as an standard equipment.
Just an observation.

My opinion? The need to abandon MFT moving forward. Start from scratch with a completely new system designed from the ground up, not duct tape and bailing wire upgrades to the existing system. And they can't call it MyFord Touch. That name is tainted.

Of course we're talking a couple of model years from now to do something like that, but for Ford's sake I hope it's in the works. Other manufacturers are coming out with similar systems that actually function well. None of this helps us though.

I noticed that in our large city newspaper the Ford new car dealers do not list the MFT as standard on the any of their Explorers, Edge, Fusion etc not even the Limited models, they only include Sync plus other options etc. No where in their ads do they rant and rave about the MFT system, the greatest thing since sliced bread, nope. Gee I wonder why? Hoping the new update changes the way the dealer advertises and starts to lists the MFT as an standard equipment.
Just an observation.

Sync with My Ford is standard and Sync with My Ford Touch was an optional upgrade.

Oh. I think they'll be ok. This upgrade is very impressive. I'm actually very pleased with it's functionality and responsiveness. It is much faster now. I haven't had any issues with pairing, voice commands or usb attached thumb drives. My phone is completely compatible with MFT. Very impressed.

Oh. I think they'll be ok. This upgrade is very impressive. I'm actually very pleased with it's functionality and responsiveness. It is much faster now. I haven't had any issues with pairing, voice commands or usb attached thumb drives. My phone is completely compatible with MFT. Very impressed.

Just curious, do you utilize BT Audio streaming much? Also, are you seeing album art when using the thumb drive? I haven't gotten any album art since the update. I'm not using Gracenotes, just local art. It worked before.

Downloaded the install. I am now waiting on the new Nav card. I did have some initial phone problems with the iPhone pairing after the install, but I deleted all the old bluetooth pairings from the iPhone and restarted fresh. Since then no problems.

The whole temp gauge thing doesn't bother me. I like the new layout. One thing that really is bugging me is the new preset layout. Now my steering wheel controls seem to be inverted. When I push down on the steering wheel control, the preset goes up one. When I push up on the steering wheel control the preset goes down one.

My opinion? The need to abandon MFT moving forward. Start from scratch with a completely new system designed from the ground up, not duct tape and bailing wire upgrades to the existing system. And they can't call it MyFord Touch. That name is tainted.

Of course we're talking a couple of model years from now to do something like that, but for Ford's sake I hope it's in the works. Other manufacturers are coming out with similar systems that actually function well. None of this helps us though.

My Sync2 is much faster than 2.11. But I am experiencing several intermittent problems. (as noted in my separate thread) Ford may need to start over. If my problems are not rare, Consumer Reports will burn the again!

Downloaded the install. I am now waiting on the new Nav card. I did have some initial phone problems with the iPhone pairing after the install, but I deleted all the old bluetooth pairings from the iPhone and restarted fresh. Since then no problems.

The whole temp gauge thing doesn't bother me. I like the new layout. One thing that really is bugging me is the new preset layout. Now my steering wheel controls seem to be inverted. When I push down on the steering wheel control, the preset goes up one. When I push up on the steering wheel control the preset goes down one.

yeh, the preset thing kinda bugs me too.

Just curious, do you utilize BT Audio streaming much? Also, are you seeing album art when using the thumb drive? I haven't gotten any album art since the update. I'm not using Gracenotes, just local art. It worked before.

Yes, I use BT Audio all the time. Works excellent. Album art works, I use gracenote. I'll take a video and post it up. Hope all is good now that you did a master reset.

for those of you that have the new update, can someone confirm if the screen or mode your in when you shut the vehicle off comes back up upon start up? In other words, if your in the entertainment mode when the engine is shut off, is that what's on the display when you turn the engine back on?

Same screen comes up. If I'm on sirius when I shut it off, sirius comes up when I start it up. Not sure why this would be a problem. Even if it didn't it takes 10 seconds to change the screens back and forth. This system is now super fast. My home computer doesn't even boot up this quick. Instantaneous. I love how fast voice commands work. My phone connects in seconds. Seconds!!!!!!!!!! It's unbelievable. I even tried to screw it up by backing up, hitting voice command all at the same time. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same screen comes up. If I'm on sirius when I shut it off, sirius comes up when I start it up. Not sure why this would be a problem. Even if it didn't it takes 10 seconds to change the screens back and forth. This system is now super fast. My home computer doesn't even boot up this quick. Instantaneous. I love how fast voice commands work. My phone connects in seconds. Seconds!!!!!!!!!! It's unbelievable. I even tried to screw it up by backing up, hitting voice command all at the same time. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you have to do something special to get this to happen? Like a setting or something somewhere? If I have mine on Sirius and shut it off it will go back to the 4 square home screen and not Sirius.

Did you have to do something special to get this to happen? Like a setting or something somewhere? If I have mine on Sirius and shut it off it will go back to the 4 square home screen and not Sirius.

Mine goes back to the Home screen as well.. however whereas before I couldn't switch between screens for 20 or 30 seconds (sometimes minutes) after startup, I can immediately switch to the media screen after turning on the car.

Hey w1kedz!!

Did you download update from SyncMyRide? Do you have Nav? Wondering what you did to get your update.

Hey w1kedz!!

Did you download update from SyncMyRide? Do you have Nav? Wondering what you did to get your update.

A friend with an edge was able to get his update from syncmyride, I just used his. I do have Nav, and have no Navi till my update comes in the mail. i haven't contacted the dealer, I figure I'll just wait.

I don't expect to see ANY problems until I get the SD card in the mail, then I expect the load from the navi to mess everything up :) I'm cynical like that ;)

One more thing that nobody has mentioned... Sirius Travel Link services don't work without the navi card either. just FYI ... if you go to the travel link page it gives an error about the sd card not being inserted.

I don't expect to see ANY problems until I get the SD card in the mail, then I expect the load from the navi to mess everything up :) I'm cynical like that ;)

You and me both!!

I am also wondering if you say NO on SyncMyRide to the Nav question maybe you then download a file with no NAV module in it. When you do get the NAV card it won't work? I am cynical like that too! ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You and me both!!

I am also wondering if you say NO on SyncMyRide to the Nav question maybe you then download a file with no NAV module in it. When you do get the NAV card it won't work? I am cynical like that too! ;)

1) I didn't have the option to say NO, the site tells me I need to go to the dealer without any sort of questionairre.

2) The edge user's upgrade that I used has no Navi, and after doing the update on my system mine prompts me to insert the Nav SD Card, so I don't think that it's a problem.

3) Even if it didn't, when you get the package you could just do the update again w/ the usb stick in the package and everything should be fine.

I expect everything to fail because Ford is still using Flash Lite for the entire UI, and Flash Lite is the most horrendous, buggy, inefficient technology I have ever developed on. After long term use of suspending and waking, w/ no real reboot, I've never seen a flash/flash lite application that didn't degrade over the course of it's uptime.

Back