A stump between the TTB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A stump between the TTB

Yesterday, while turning around I go and drive into a stump!
The axle half of the TTB went over and I was caught with the stump between my TTB arms.

After almost two hours of mucking around in the mud me and carsonm finally got her free.

Also dented my rocker panel on another stump, but I don`t want to talk about it.

Must... get... Hi-lift ..jack!

Attachments

• stuck on a stump!.jpg
    stuck on a stump!.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 532

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that a bottle jack under there?! :D

After almost two hours of mucking around in the mud me and carsonm finally got her free

Hey! Liar! I'm Carson M.....I wasnt there! unless im a skitz. :confused: lol

i managed to get both diffs stuck on rocks.... i tried seesawing the wheels, still nothing.... eventually, rick pulled out the winch cable and yanked me free :)

Yep it was my first wheeling trip in my EX and boy did I learn alot. #1 use the weedle waddle on bottle jack. #2 bring extra clothes and shoes for playing in the mud. Even with the stuck it was an awesome trip. thanks again James (ld50)

carsonm

interesting...I bet you are the same CarsonM (or is it just carson) on bc4x4... crazy.

Originally posted by ld50
After almost two hours of mucking around in the mud me and carsonm finally got her free.

Um yeah... I take it ya didn't have a saw? I could only guess that it'd have been quicker to cut it away? Just curious.

Must... get... Hi-lift ..jack!

Definate must! Although I say that, I still don't have my own :rolleyes:

I had an axe, but didn`t like the idea of trying to cut it away, sure enough I left my tarp at home so it would have meant laying in the mud for a while.
I religiously have that tarp with me too, go figure!

GOOD NEWS!

I was at work today talking about the fun i had and saying i needed to buy a high-lift Jack when one of the guys said there was one sitting in the back of one of our storage shacks that an ex-employee had left there years ago. Sure enough I went and found it, and it is perfect, YEAH!

interesting...I bet you are the same CarsonM (or is it just carson) on bc4x4... crazy.

That's me and I'm carsonm on that site too.I guess your silverblade on that site as well? Great news about the highlift jack James bring on those stumps lol.

carsonm

I had an axe, but didn`t like the idea of trying to cut it away, sure enough I left my tarp at home so it would have meant laying in the mud for a while.
I religiously have that tarp with me too, go figure!

GOOD NEWS!

I was at work today talking about the fun i had and saying i needed to buy a high-lift Jack when one of the guys said there was one sitting in the back of one of our storage shacks that an ex-employee had left there years ago. Sure enough I went and found it, and it is perfect, YEAH!

You are one lucky dude....Is it a "High lift", or a "Jackall"?

OMG its a BC invasion:eek:
JK i moved to calgary from salmonarm:( (dam i miss that place)
Should setup a run to stave lake flats and get every one toghether for a photo opp :D
I had a brand new jackall that was bungee strapped to my safari rack for a year, i had to take it off for to move some stuff and it was stolen within the 2hr's i was gone from home :mad:
Nice to see you had fun on the trip tho:p

You are one lucky dude....Is it a "High lift", or a "Jackall"?

You know, I never saw any name on it, How can you tell? I left it at work till I clean it up and maybe paint it.

-hey, hotwheels, Calgary`s pretty far from here to be planning a run, do you come to the lower mainland often?

Nope but i was planning a run to the shuswap for mid to late summer but i would consider coming to the coast.
Gotta get this solid axle swap done first tho so i can have some real fun;)

You know, I never saw any name on it, How can you tell? I left it at work till I clean it up and maybe paint it.

-hey, hotwheels, Calgary`s pretty far from here to be planning a run, do you come to the lower mainland often?

The orange(or whatever colored) part that moves up the bar has the name imprinted usually....or it is on a sticker on the handle...:D

Crankcase,

It is a Jackall, mark II

And man is it heavy! Are they all like that or do they make them lighter now?

I know at work (when I was a pipeliner) we were happy when they started to buy huge aluminum pipe wrenches cuz the old steel ones were hell to slog through a muddy ditch with. I`m wondering if they went this way with these type of jacks yet.

They are heavy, they are tough, and they can kill you if your not carefull.
NEVER stand in front of the jack and never lean over the handel while jacking for more leaverage.
just a friendly warning.
Keep that new aquisition under lock and key cause they have a habbit of walking off:( ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends if you want to feel the power between yer legs :eek: :D

Back