? about alrgest unmodified 97 XLT tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

? about alrgest unmodified 97 XLT tires

I have a 97 XLT V8, looking to put the largest tires on it I can without doing an body modifications. I do not offroad at all (commuter) just really like the looks of bigger tires and dont want to go to a larger rim size. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jeff

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, so much for skydiving

31X10.5 R15 BFG AT KO Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

I have a 97 xlt same as you and i went with the 30's. (BFG TA KO) When you go to buy tires the store might tell you that you can't fit 31's on there or that it will mess with your ABS. There are many posts on here about that. Just go to the search thing and put it in. I am pretty sure most people are agreed on that the 31's will not hurt your ABS.

Seth

I have a 97 xlt same as you and i went with the 30's. (BFG TA KO) When you go to buy tires the store might tell you that you can't fit 31's on there or that it will mess with your ABS. There are many posts on here about that. Just go to the search thing and put it in. I am pretty sure most people are agreed on that the 31's will not hurt your ABS.

Seth

Seth

Back