• Register Today It's free!

? about power window switch

BML325

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Mary, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Eddie Bauer 4x4
On my 2002 the only window switch that has an auto down is for the driver's switch.

Has anyone bought three other "auto down" switches and changed them out with the other 3 switches to have all 4 windows have auto down feature?

I was thinking of trying it, so I thought I'd see if anyone else has done it yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm curious about this too.

Is it the actualy switch, or the motor that controls that function?

I was going to pull the switch out this weekend and take a look.

I was thinking about it the other day, I had a loner car from the dealership, a Taurus, and it looked like the same switch in my X, with the driver only auto down.

The switch has that "extra" click to it so you can do manual down or then select auto down, so I think it is the switch, but hopefully someone else has done it already and knows

The auto down function is controlled by your GEM (Generic Electronics Module). Since the GEM only has programming/circuitry for auto down feature on the driver's window, putting in an auto down switch isn't going to enable that feature.

i was surprised that my 92 has the auto down button for the driver's side door,

and my 95 T-bird doesn't

Originally posted by Robert
The auto down function is controlled by your GEM (Generic Electronics Module). Since the GEM only has programming/circuitry for auto down feature on the driver's window, putting in an auto down switch isn't going to enable that feature.

So then the switch sends a signal to the gem which in turns sends another signal to the motor, right?

I'm guessing you'd have to rewire and splice a bunch of things to get it to work huh?

Back