? about Torsion Twist

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
How much will twisting the torsion bars efect the ride quality? Secondly how much of a twist do you give the torsion bars?:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I ended up twisting each side about 8-10 full turns. The front is lifted about 2". basically, make sure you turn the same amount on either side and you're fine. I even found that you can do it without jacking the car up, you just need a pipe to fit over the ratchet handle to get the force needed to turn them while they're loaded. This way it's easy to keep taking measurements.

As for the ride, I like it a lot better than stock. It's much firmer and more responsive. The Gabriel shocks and new swaybar help out a lot also. There are a few banked corners close to my parent's house that I can take comfortably as fast as either of my parent's cars (MB SLK, LEX LS400).

I like my ride way better. With the TT and add a leafs I have much less body roll when cornering hard.

Now when you say crank the T-bar bolts to lift are you tightening or loosening. on a thread about lowering they mentioned both as a way to lower. I'm no genius but how can this be. Does taking them out lower?
:confused:

Tighten to lift.
Loosen to lower. Removing the bolts entirely will lower the truck.

just a pic test

Back