Actron Code Readers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Actron Code Readers

imp

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
59 Ranchero F250 D'Line
Does anyone know if the Actron CP9550 reads ABS codes? Having a difficult time with only one pesky code showing up, but lots of lights "ON" on the dash, including ABS light. P-2106 "TAC Forced Power Reduced". Actron says it reads "all" DTCs, but every ABS fault I found has "C" prefix DTCs with P-2106. Thanks for any help! imp

cp9550-hand.jpg

I have one but a different model. On Fords it pretty much only reads emission codes. No transmission, brake, or airbag.

I had to start using different diagnostics like OBDlink, ForScan, etc. Ford codes are proprietary to some extent. For instance a Honda the neighbor brought over, the Actron would read transmission codes on that, but not on a Ford.

I had to start using different diagnostics like OBDlink, ForScan, etc. Ford codes are proprietary to some extent. For instance a Honda the neighbor brought over, the Actron would read transmission codes on that, but not on a Ford.

I surely thank you for this! My thread regarding the P-2106 code has been viewed a lot, no answers (which I have none of myself). No surprise regarding the proprietary aspect. still, I thought OBD-II was bringing "standardization" to EFI. Guess not.

My situation has formed a bunch of questions. Like, given a P-2106, might the symptoms of PCM control not be consistently the same? Today, the TCC locked up normally with ABS and Brake lights on, no CEL. Driving along at 50, suddenly TCC unlocked at constant speed and pedal position, and would not again engage, until engine was shut off, the same sequence repeated. Further, given it tells me "forced reduced power", why is there no perceivable loss of power or drivability? Idle remains normal, shift schedules also, at expected pedal depression.

I am questioning Ford's Engineering Team's thinking on this one! imp

Back